Up for a challenge?
We’re on the hunt for an exceptional individual ready to start an excellent career in engineering.
T&G Jersey help build things – homes, schools, offices, harbours. T&G Jersey help build people – engineers possessing advanced knowledge, skills and behaviours. T&G Jersey help build careers – providing the right individuals with highly-desirable competences and recognised qualifications, and industry-leading reward packages to match. We’re looking for someone ready to start building their future with us. You’ll be keen to acquire the advanced design skills needed to draw and create precision engineering models, be willing to assist others in important client work and projects, be able to develop a consistent, high standard approach to all your work. We’ll have someone joining us who’s looking forward to engaging with the training needed to become a structural engineer, is curious to learn, is up for challenge, is ready to become a reliable member of a small, dedicated and fun team.
Closing Date: Friday 29th April
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- To learn the skills necessary to become a competent Structural Technician within a design office environment.
- To learn computer based drawing skills, including AutoCad and Revit.
- To attend a day release course at Highlands College in General Building Studies and maintain an exemplary level of attendance throughout the course. To attend where necessary evening lectures.
- To assist Engineers and/or Technicians in undertaking site surveys, site monitoring etc.
- To play an active part as a team member within a busy office environment and be willing to learn skills necessary to become an integral part of the Company.
- To be punctual.
- To be well presented both when in the office and when representing the company outside the office.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- The construction industry.
- AutoCAD / REVIT / BIM
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Performance related bonus.
- Ongoing IPD/CPD training.
- Good career progression prospects to recognised professional qualifications.
- A relaxed and social working environment.
- Interesting and varied workload.
- Locally Qualified.*
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driving licence is preferred.
*Locally qualified preferred, however, applications may be considered from non residentially qualified professionals subject to obtaining necessary employment permits and candidates meeting the necessary Guernsey/Jersey entry requirements.