T&G Guernsey is expanding. We’re on the lookout for an experienced structural engineer to join our busy team.
T&G Guernsey is a long-established local company. We possess an enviable reputation for engineering excellence delivered across a wide range of both private and public sector construction projects. Our service portfolio includes civil engineering, structural engineering, detailed design and drawings, 3D modelling, building information modelling, SER certification and building surveys and reports.
We have a full-time permanent role for an experienced and strongly motivated individual who thrives in a small team environment. They’ll have passion for the profession, possess excellent communication skills, demonstrable ability and take pride in delivering excellence across an exciting range of leading residential and commercial projects.
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- Managing and overseeing our delivery of digital models and technical documents. Providing input for project designs and reports.
- Structural analysis and design for residential, industrial and commercial projects
- Liaising with client, design teams and construction teams including site meetings
- Liaison and negotiation with regulatory authorities
- Deliver multiple projects within budgetary requirements
- Supervising and training more junior staff
- Check and approve designs and specifications prepared by others.
- Provide technical design advice to other professionals during the design development process.
- Part of / potentially part of the management team
- Developing new ideas & client relationships to help shape the future of the business
- Reporting to the Managing Directors and providing progress reports
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Working in the construction and contracting industry and managing projects from inception to completion
- Minimum degree or similar qualification in civil/structural engineering
- Experienced in managing projects up to £5m in value
- MasterSeries, TEDDS, CADS, Similar Design Software
- FE Design
- AutoCAD / REVIT / BIM
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage clients, contractors and consultants
- Self-starting and able to work with minimal supervision
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Paid holiday allowance
- Support towards Chartered/Incorporated status and/or ongoing IPD/CPD training
- A relaxed working environment
- Good career progression prospects (to Senior Engineer, Director and/or share options)
- Interesting and varied workload
- Locally Qualified*
- Driving licence
- Own Transport
*Locally qualified preferred, however, applications may be considered from non residentially qualified professionals subject to obtaining necessary employment permits and candidates meeting the necessary Guernsey entry requirements.