T&G Guernsey is expanding. We’re on the lookout for structural technicians, all levels, to join our busy team.
T&G Guernsey is a long-established local company. We possess an enviable reputation for engineering excellence delivered across a wide range of both private and public sector construction projects. Our service portfolio includes civil engineering, structural engineering, detailed design and drawings, 3D modelling, building information modelling, and building surveys and reports.
We have full-time permanent roles for strongly motivated individuals who thrive in a team environment. They will be willing to learn, grow and become part of the T&G family. Possess excellent communication skills, demonstrate initiative, and take pride in delivering excellence across an exciting range of leading residential and commercial projects
The roles and responsibilities, depending on experience, for the persons joining us will include but not be limited to:
- Be willing to learn the skills necessary to become a competent Structural Technician within the Construction Industry.
- Be willing to learn Autodesk AutoCAD drawing skills & Autodesk Revit modelling skills for use in an Engineering environment.
- Be able to communicate with all those within the office – to be willing to learn skills necessary to become an integral part of the Company.
- Assist Engineer and Technicians in undertaking site surveys, site monitoring etc.
- Communicate with architects and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
- Preparing, reviewing, and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with requirements.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Structural drafting/3D modelling
- AutoCAD, CADS Detailing Suite, Revit. (Necessary training will be given)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starting and able to work with minimal supervision
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Paid holiday allowance
- A relaxed working environment
- Good career progression prospects
- Interesting and varied workload
- Local licence holder required
- Driving licence
- Own Transport