Building towards a distinguished future?
We’re looking for an outstanding senior engineer ready to step up to the next level.
T&G have built an enviable reputation for engineering excellence through choosing and developing a team of talented people. We’ve room for another, an experienced engineer able to lead on a range of projects, from small to multi-million-pound. You’ll be ready to proactively engage with clients, both present and potential, assuming the role of primary contact for meeting their requirements, and actively creating the proposals and programmes needed to deliver them. We’ll have someone joining us with a proven record of engineering excellence and with desire to go further, who manages themselves and others with real proficiency, who can complement a like-minded team.
Why work in Jersey?
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life, benefit from a generous tax regime, and enjoy a work-life balance on a safe and beautiful island while enhancing your career prospects in one of the world’s leading offshore financial services jurisdictions.
Find a cosmopolitan culture closely in touch with Britain, Europe and the wider world, flavoured strongly by a distinctly French atmosphere. Much is centred on the island’s vibrant capital, St Helier, which boasts an impressive array of shops, bars and restaurants reflecting the diversity of the population.
Alongside golden beaches and captivating countryside, Jersey in the Channel Islands boasts a world-leading commercial infrastructure, an outstanding health service, and an impressive education system served by a dynamic and buoyant construction industry.
Population management in such a desirable location comes courtesy of local government licencing regime, with T & G Jersey possessing those necessary to allow UK staff to work and live in the island.
Interested in your next move and want to find out more?
Get in contact today with us and tell us all about yourself and how you can fit into T & G Jersey and also how you and your family can fit into Jersey.
call us today on +44 (0) 1534 867070, or email: [email protected]
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- Work as team lead on projects up to £5m in value
- Work as a member of a team under the direct supervision of a Director on projects in excess of £5m.
- Work directly with Clients and design teams (Architects, Surveyors, Main Contractors) to identify and manage Client’s Requirements.
- Attend design team meetings, workshops, develop engineering design solutions and present and agree programmes.
- Check and approve designs and specifications in preparation for SER certification.
- Mentoring and training more junior staff.
- Business Development.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Structural analysis and design for residential, industrial and commercial projects.
- MasterSeries, TEDDS, CADS or similar design software.
- FE design methods.
- AutoCAD / REVIT / BIM.
- Working in the construction industry, in a design office environment, managing projects. in excess of £5m from inception to completion.
- Communicating with, and the management of, clients, contractors and consultants.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- Performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to move toward directorship and equity holding within the business.
- Support towards Incorporated/Chartered status.
- Ongoing IPD/CPD training.
- A relaxed and social working environment.
- Interesting and varied workload.
- Locally Qualified.*
- At or near chartered status with the Institution of Civil/Structural Engineers.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
*Locally qualified preferred, however, applications may be considered from non residentially qualified professionals subject to obtaining necessary employment permits and candidates meeting the necessary Guernsey/Jersey entry requirements.