T&G Guernsey is expanding. We’re on the lookout for an experienced structural engineer to join our busy team.
Previously trading as Babbé McCathie, T&G Guernsey is a long-established local company. We possess an enviable reputation for engineering excellence delivered across a wide range of both private and public sector construction projects. Our service portfolio includes civil engineering, structural engineering, detailed design and drawings, 3D modelling, building information modelling, SER certification and building surveys and reports.
We have a full-time permanent role for an experienced and strongly motivated individual who thrives in a small team environment. They’ll have passion for the profession, possess excellent communication skills, demonstrable ability and take pride in delivering excellence across an exciting range of leading residential and commercial projects
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- Managing and overseeing our delivery of digital models and technical documents. Providing input for project designs and reports.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and REVIT, to produce building and structural designs.
- Arranging and preparing detailed drawings and schedules.
- Liaising with clients, other designers and external consultants to enable co-ordination of projects.
- Development of AutoCAD, BIM and REVIT procedures and quality control.
- Mentoring and developing the skills of junior colleagues.
- Coordinate the resource planning for all live projects and to allocate projects to the technical team.
- Carry out quality control and checking of all drawings prior to issue.
- Maintain standards of drawings and template drawings.
- Maintain commercial cost control on projects.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Working in the construction and contracting industry and managing projects from inception to completion
- Structural drafting/3D modelling
- Reinforced Concrete, Steelwork, Masonry, Timber
- Experienced in managing projects up to £1m in value
- AutoCAD, CADS Detailing Suite, Revit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage clients, contractors and consultants
- Self-starting and able to work with minimal supervision
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Paid holiday allowance
- Support towards Chartered/Incorporated status and/or ongoing IPD/CPD training
- A relaxed working environment
- Good career progression prospects (to Engineer and beyond)
- Interesting and varied workload
- Locally Qualified
- Driving licence
- Own Transport