Nothing artificial in the value of engineering
June 8, 2023
What can you place your trust in these days? Who did write this wonderful poem – talented human or AI-based chatbot? What is underpinning the value of that investment – real money or cyber currency?
Nothing against speculative ingenuity, but there are times when you need something more solid to really see the value.
Few things are more solid than the built environment in which we spend much of our lives. Structures created for living, working, buying, playing. Spaces that are open and closed, simple and complex, unassuming and thought-provoking, utilitarian and jaw-dropping.
Easy to take for granted perhaps, but strip away the layers and try understanding what lies behind many of our familiar buildings. Look carefully, and you’ll see bold designs seeking to challenge conventional thinking. Weigh things up and you’ll find precision engineering delivering innovative constructions solutions.
This is the environment in which T&G thrives.
While challenging designs may occasionally keep our team awake at night, it’s the delivery of value through high quality engineering that drives us and the organisations we work with forward every day.
Innovative engineering – global expertise, local know-how
Locally delivered innovative engineering is responding to modern world construction challenges through employing fundamental, far-reaching and highly cost-effective skills and solutions. We believe this demands a blend of key talent and capabilities.
First, the global expertise among our own highly knowledgeable in-house team, aligned with proven local, national and international partner companies and suppliers. Second, the local know-how that only comes from more than 30 years of Island trading. . . and successful delivery.
Examples of what this winning combination can deliver are:
- Cutting-edge piling systems capable of reducing costs by leaving contaminated soil below the ground.
- Ground improvement services such as soil strengthening techniques to enable construction on unstable soil conditions.
- Advanced temporary works allowing cost-effective foundation building within confined locations.
- Green drainage systems offering sustainable ways to counter the increasing threat of stormwater flooding.
- ‘Blue and green’ roofing systems for more sustainable rainwater management while improving building efficiency and insulation.
- Battery-powered construction machinery impacting less on the environment and neighbours.
- Availability of modular construction techniques including prefabricated steel panels helping speed up large-scale construction projects while minimising costs and risk.
- Factory-made prefabricated homes that are quick to build at a lower price while also ticking all the right sustainability boxes.
Solid value in the making
We’ve never been more excited about what the team at T&G working together with some truly innovative companies can do for the Island and its construction industry. It’s solid engineering rising to meet 21st century global and local challenges, and adding real value, not vapour, in the process.
We’d love to discuss further with anyone interested in finding out more. Contact Johnny Moffett on [email protected] or +44 (0)1534 867070.
Why choose T & G?
Over more than 30 years in business, we have been involved in projects across the Channel Islands, spanning every type of construction, working on large commissions and small, encompassing the requirements of private and public sector clients. Each has been approached with the same determined, creative professionalism that drives everything T&G does.
Choosing to work with T&G in Guernsey or Jersey provides assurance of the same high quality approach. We take pride in understanding and meeting client requirements, in finding solutions to engineering challenges and ensuring satisfaction at the completion of every project or piece of work.