Ready for the real thing?
We’re looking for a super-talented graduate or near graduate engineer wanting to go places.
T&G Guernsey have been creating outstanding and rewarding career paths for aspiring structural / civil engineers since 1990. We look for the best, and offer a best-in-breed development programme towards chartered status through structured workplace learning hand-in-hand with mentorship support. Your future may be with us for the long-term, or we’ll provide you with the best possible foundation for a global engineering career. You’ll be developing competence on the latest design software, getting out and about visiting real-life clients and construction sites, working on projects from small home extensions to multi-million-pound developments. We’ll have someone joining us who’s passionate about great engineering, cares about their environment, enthusiastic about learning, keen to progress, ready to embrace the team and up for a laugh!
Closing Date: Friday 29th April
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- Work as the design lead on residential, industrial and commercial projects up to £1m in value, managing internal resources to achieve required project deadlines.
- Work as a member of a team, under direct supervision, on projects in excess of £1m.
- Work directly with Clients and design teams (Architects, Surveyors, Contractors etc.) to identify and agree client’s requirements.
- Progress towards becoming chartered with the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers.
- Undertake full-scale detailed structural reviews and surveys of existing premises, and present reports.
- Supporting Business Development.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- MasterSeries, TEDDS, CADS or similar design software.
- FE Design.
- AutoCAD / REVIT / BIM.
- Communicating with, and the management of, clients, contractors and consultants.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- Performance related bonus.
- Good career progression prospects (to Chartered Engineer and potentially to Director).
- Support towards Incorporated/Chartered status.
- Ongoing IPD/CPD training.
- A relaxed and social working environment.
- Interesting and varied workload.
- Locally Qualified.*
- Degree in civil/structural engineering.
- Driving licence is preferred.
*Locally qualified preferred, however, applications may be considered from non residentially qualified professionals subject to obtaining necessary employment permits and candidates meeting the necessary Guernsey/Jersey entry requirements.