Ready to scale new heights?
We’d like to find a super competent structural engineer ambitious to prove themselves at a higher level.
T&G Guernsey is never satisfied with second best – whether that’s with our company, its work or the team we employ. Maintaining this boast requires uncompromising dedication to business strategy, to professional standards, to recruiting and developing the right people. Right now, we’re looking for an experienced structural engineer who’s the right person to help keep us at the top. You’ll possess the advanced design skills needed to draw and create precision engineering models, be able to support or lead on important client work and projects, be determined to demonstrate a consistent, high standard approach to all your work. We’ll have someone who can quickly settle into our friendly and supportive team, keen to develop further and ambitious to go places, always professional, reliable and hardworking … and ready for some fun.
Closing Date: Friday 29th April
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- Work as a member of a team on projects up to and in excess of £5m.
- Work directly with clients and design teams (Architects, Surveyors, Contractors etc.) to identify and manage client’s requirements.
- Attend design team meetings and workshops to develop technical solutions.
- Check and approve drawings and specifications in preparation for SER certification.
- Mentoring and training more junior staff.
- Supporting Business Development.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Working on residential, industrial and commercial projects (up to £5m) from inception to completion in a design office environment.
- AutoCAD / REVIT / BIM.
- Communicating with, and the management of, clients, contractors and consultants.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- Performance related bonus.
- Good career progression prospects (to Chartered Technician status and potentially to Director level).
- Support towards obtaining Chartered Technician status.
- Ongoing IPD/CPD training.
- A relaxed and social working environment.
- Interesting and varied workload.
- Locally Qualified.*
- Suitable academic qualifications to enable progress to Chartered Technician status.
- Driving licence is preferred.
*Locally qualified preferred, however, applications may be considered from non residentially qualified professionals subject to obtaining necessary employment permits and candidates meeting the necessary Guernsey entry requirements.