Trainee Structural Technician
Up for a challenge?
We’re on the hunt for an exceptional individual ready to start an excellent career in engineering.
T&G Guernsey help build things – homes, schools, offices, harbours. T&G Guernsey help build people – engineers possessing advanced knowledge, skills and behaviours. T&G Guernsey help build careers – providing the right individuals with highly-desirable competences and recognised qualifications, and industry-leading reward packages to match. We’re looking for someone ready to start building their future with us. You’ll be keen to acquire the advanced design skills needed to draw and create precision engineering models, be willing to assist others in important client work and projects, be able to develop a consistent, high standard approach to all your work. We’ll have someone joining us who’s looking forward to engaging with the training needed to become a structural engineer, is curious to learn, is up for challenge, is ready to become a reliable member of a small, dedicated and fun team.
Could the best person be you?
Get in contact with us today and tell us all about yourself.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1481 714244, or email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 14th October
Why work @ T & G Guernsey
From exposure to the range of work to help you qualify and grow, to high-level investment in all aspects of structural engineering and being part of a thriving pan Island organisation striving to make an impact socially and in the construction world – we support you in achieving your aspirations and at the same time, place your ongoing wellbeing at the top of our list.
Don’t just take our word for it; watch the video to find out more!
The roles and responsibilities for the person joining us will include:
- To learn the skills necessary to become a competent Structural Technician within a design office environment.
- To learn computer based drawing skills, including AutoCad and Revit.
- To attend a day release course at Highlands College in General Building Studies and maintain an exemplary level of attendance throughout the course. To attend where necessary evening lectures.
- To assist Engineers and/or Technicians in undertaking site surveys, site monitoring etc.
- To play an active part as a team member within a busy office environment and be willing to learn skills necessary to become an integral part of the Company.
- To be punctual.
- To be well presented both when in the office and when representing the company outside the office.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- The construction industry.
- AutoCAD / REVIT / BIM
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Performance related bonus.
- Ongoing IPD/CPD training.
- Good career progression prospects to recognised professional qualifications.
- A relaxed and social working environment.
- Interesting and varied workload.
- Locally Qualified.*
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driving licence is preferred.
*Locally qualified preferred, however, applications may be considered from non residentially qualified professionals subject to obtaining necessary employment permits and candidates meeting the necessary Guernsey entry requirements.